AFFLICTING THE COMFORTABLE AND COMFORTING THE AFFLICTED SINCE 1813

Friday, August 3, 2012

Willard spent the Viet Nam War years in France

London:  Today, we have with us Rafalca, the dressage horse owned by the Willard Romneys.

PMG:  Rafalca, PMG is primarily a political blog and though you're here in the UK to compete in the Olympics, we'd like to start with politics – if that's okay.
Rafalca:  Did you bring an apple?  They promised me an apple.
PMG: Yes, someone is getting you an apple right now.  Do you have a party affiliation, Democrat or GOP?
Rafalca:  No.  I don't vote.  I'm German.
PMG:  German, really?  So you've never changed your citizenship?
Ralfalca: It's one of those things I've always meant to do, you know?  But never got around to.
PMG:  Like cleaning the basement?
Rafalca: We have people who do that.  Puerto Rican, I think.  I know she's from one of those little countries with inadequate sewerage.
PMG:  Does it hurt your feelings that Willard Romney seems embarrassed by the whole dressage thing, that he won't even be on hand to watch you compete?
Rafalca: As long as the oat bucket is full each night, I don't care what he does, just keep the stall clean, that's my motto.
PMG: Is your stall kept clean?
Rafalca:  Pretty much.  That same Puerto Rican woman.
PMG:  How do you think the campaign is going so far?
Rafalca:  I'd like to see more substance, particularly on the subject of France.
PMG:  France?
Rafalca:  They eat horses, don’t they?  Disgusting.  I hate the French.
PMG:  Willard spent the Viet Nam War years in France as a …
Rafalca:  What?
PMG:  He was a missionary …
Rafalca:  In France?
PMG:  Yes, in France.  He was there for several years, he's said that his greatest memory is of himself and Mrs Willard on vacation in France.
Rafalca:  Are you sure?
PMG:  Yes, does that bother you?
Rafalca:  It does.  I want my apple and then I think I'd like to leave.
PMG:  But we have many more questions.
Rafalca:  I'm sorry, but …  






No comments:

Post a Comment